- Google Video Chat support
- Skype support
- Ability to watch Flash videos
- Emails, calendar, simple games
The reviews were good, the price was good, so I went for it.
My conclusion: Nexus 7 has very uneven quality. Some people have a fantastic experience, others hate it.
Personally, here is what got me annoyed:
- The video chat and Skype keeps on getting stuck shortly after the chat starts. Switching to a PC to chat with the exact same person works fine though.
- The microphone doesn't pick up sounds well, and so the person I am chatting with keeps on not hearing.
- Sometimes the Flash video gets in a weird state, and it stops responding to user input - no more switching to full screen and the like. I have to kill Firefox for it to work again
- The micro-usb cable provided wasn't glued well, and the protective plastic on the micro side is sliding off. It doesn't look like a shock hazard yet, but if it is, Google is gonna get a big big lawsuit on the southern side of the border for sure.
- There is no way I can send an email for support. Google allows you to get a phone call back, but I'd rather not have to wait on the phone forever and a day.
Dear readers, what can I do for my tablet to fulfill its function? And yes, I'm beyond 15 days, so returning is not an option.